BBQ Tofu w/ Onions
Boiled Fingerling Potatoes w/ Parsley
(romaine lettuce, shallots, vinegar, olive oil, mustard, vegenaise, salt and pepper)
Wild Mushroom Quesdillas
(oyster, crimini, onion, garlic, tamari, soy cheese, red pepper flour tortillas)
Hearts of Palm
Wilted Chard with Creamy Chipotle Sauce
Posted by tofu at 11:35 PM
(via Claudia Roden p. 97 -- rice and brown lentils topped with caramelized onions)
Muhammara on Pita Bread
(Saveur #85 p. 22 -- walnut and pomegranate paste)
(carrot, cumin, oil packed olives, mint)
Eggplant In Pomegranate Sauce
(eggplant, onion, garlic, tomato, red pepper flake, pomegranate syrup, basil, cilantro, pine nuts)
Posted by tofu at 11:58 PM
Tofu con uva
(tofu with grapes)*
Basmati Rice Pilaf
* via Diane Kennedy's "pollo con uva" -- onion, garlic, tomatoes cooked down and then pureed. Then add cut grapes and cilantro
Posted by tofu at 11:51 PM
Pineapple Fried Rice*
(coconut milk, red curry paste, pineapple, tofu, tamari, jasmine rice)
Braised Bok Choy
* saw this one in the ABJ the other day (skipped the pork, shrimp and fish sauce, subbed the tofu and tamari) -- and we already had the pineapple. This is pretty much the method we employ to decide what to have for dinner -- "What do we have that's not getting any fresher?" -- and then -- "what country/style?"
the Bok Choy came from the "new" Tink Holl which moved into huge (13,000 square ft.) former factory over on E. 36th.
Posted by tofu at 11:45 PM
General Tso's Tofu
* why yes, we did get an great deal on a case of Spring Creek tofu ;)
BTW, we're so glad that Spring Creek is back after a five month break -- we were almost resigned to never having it again. Awesome tofu...
Posted by tofu at 11:09 PM
(tomato, onion, garlic, soyrizo, red pepper flake and cream sauce -- soft tofu and soy milk reduced -- over fusilli pasta)
(w/ fig vinaigrette)
Posted by tofu at 11:47 PM
(tofu, carrot, red bell pepper, red onion, tamari, galanga, garlic)
It's time for the miserable summer weather -- 90 degrees and 90% humidity -- and the Ohio weatherman's favorite phrase -- Hazy, Hot and Humid. Hence, the quick and easy stir-fry becomes our best friend ;)
Posted by tofu at 11:37 PM
(fried seitan w/cumin, corriander, paprika, onion, chickpeas, tamari, salt and pepper)
(tomato couscous, cinnamon, cumin, corriander, apricot, pine nuts, parsley, veg stock)
Fava, Mint and Tomato Salad
Posted by tofu at 11:50 PM
Grilled Baby Zucchini and Asparagus over Creamy Pesto Pasta *
* a good use for the last bit of pesto from last week, with a quick cream sauce of shallot, garlic, soft tofu and soy milk, and leftover pasta from the kids meal last night.
Posted by tofu at 11:45 PM
A few things to consider while reading this blog
1. When an ingredient is listed like [this], it means [this] was the original ingredient in the recipe. 99% of the recipes get adapted in one form or another.
2. When Tofu is referred to, it usually means extra firm tofu, specifically Spring Creek Tofu. If the (softer) tofu in the aseptic box is used, it'll be noted. Boxed tofu mostly gets used in cream sauces.
Assume that we're talking about Rice Milk, Vegan Cheese (Daiya/Sheese) and non bone-char sugar.
3. Links to recipes are shown when available, if there's no link, we'll try to cite the book/magazine issue from where it came. If there's no recipe cited, it usually means we made it up... and if there's nothing at all, enjoy the pretty pictures. ;)
4. We don't like ersatz food (i.e. tofu molded into the shape of a turkey for Thanksgiving), but we're funny that way.
5. A brief personal history. We were vegetarian for 7 years, and have been vegan for the last 19 years.
If you have the time, check out the music page.
6. There is no Number 6
Andrea's Easy Vegan Cooking
Cake Maker To The Stars
Cocina Vegana @ Igualdad Animal
Dinner with Dilip
Don't Eat Off The Sidewalk
FatFree Vegan Kitchen
Happy Vegan Cooking
JL Goes Vegan
Melissa's Vegan Blog
meshell in your city
Nom! Nom! Nom! Blog
Oh She Glows
The Blooming Platter
The House Of Simon
The Vegan Mouse
The Vegan Ronin
Vegan & Demanding
Vegan Feast Kitchen
Vegan Soul Power!
The Veracious Vegan
Your Vegan Mom
Raw Food Porn 2012
Raw Food Porn 2011
Raw Food Porn 2010
Raw Food Porn 2009
Raw Food Porn 2008
Raw Food Porn 2007
Raw Food Porn 2006
Raw Food Porn 2005