Tony Coturri Wine Tasting 5/20
We first met Tony in 1999 and have subsequently done many tasting/pairing dinners for his wines whenever he's in town at Riverside Wine and Imports in Kent, Ohio. His unfiltered/unfined wines are some of the most dynamic wines around -- here's the menu...
1. Sauvignon Blanc Sonoma Valley 2007 / Cannellini Bean Salad in Boston Bibb Lettuce Cups
2. Rose North Coast 2007 / Ravioli (potato, edamame and corn) en Brodo
3. Albarello North Coast 2006 / Lentil and Soyrizo Spoons
4. Merlot Sonoma Mountain, Maclise Vineyard 2005 / Tofu Marsala en Papillote
Then we switched to the buffet table with Lasagna and Fusilli and Seitan Sausages
for the next four wines.
5. Sangiovese Sonoma Valley, Freiberg Vineyard 2004
6. Syrah Sonoma Valley, Crane Vineyard 2005
7. Cabernet Sauvignon Mendocino County, Testa Vineyard 2005
8. Zinfandel Sonoma Valley, Chauvet Vineyard East Block 2005
For the last two wines, we served Chocolate Olive Oil Cake (sadly, no pictures)
9. Zinfandel Sonoma Valley, Freiberg Vineyard 2004
10. Zinfandel Sonoma Mountain, Estate 2005