Chili Cheese Dogs
Just getting ready for Opening Day tomorrow. The chili recipe is from Vegan Diner (go pick it up!) w/melted Daiya.
Hickory-Smoked Mushroom and Quinoa Burger
Posted by tofu at 11:43 PM
Root Vegetable and Seitan Stew in Crepes
Posted by tofu at 11:00 PM
Oaxacan Black Mole with Polenta, Hickory-Smoked Grilled Tofu, Plantain Chips and Pumpkin Seeds in a Tortilla Cup
Posted by tofu at 11:15 PM
Hickory-Smoked Grilled Tofu
Posted by tofu at 11:01 PM
St. Patrick's Day 2011 3/17
Cock of the North (Seitan Flambéed w/Irish Whiskey)
Double Stout Chocolate Brownies
Since the beginning of the blog (in 2002*), we have always made this recipe, a hearty and filling Seitan based stew that is combined with Colcannon (Mashed Potatoes & Cabbage) and Beer Gravy (this year we used Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout).
Spaghetti and Vegan Meatballs
Chocolate and Coconut Milk Ganache Tart
Smoked Polenta with Chickpea and Escarole Stew
Posted by tofu at 11:39 PM
Pear, Red Onion, Arugula and Blue Sheese Focaccia
Posted by tofu at 11:20 PM
Seitan with Black Vinegar Sauce
The basic concept is to take your own home made seitan (but not pounding it out as thin), and cut it into roughly 3/4" wide x 1/2" thick x 4" long strips, coat with cornstarch and deep-fry for 4-5 minutes. Then slowly braise the seitan in a mixture of shallot, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, sherry, veg stock, black vinegar and tamari. The end result was a fantastic explosion of flavor and texture that was as close to take-out food as we have ever made at home.
Posted by tofu at 11:04 PM
Vegan Test Kitchen 3/02
A few things to consider while reading this blog
1. When an ingredient is listed like [this], it means [this] was the original ingredient in the recipe. 99% of the recipes get adapted in one form or another.
2. When Tofu is referred to, it usually means extra firm tofu, If the (softer) tofu in the aseptic box is used, it'll be noted. Boxed tofu mostly gets used in cream sauces.
Assume that we're talking about Rice Milk, Vegan Cheese and non bone-char sugar.
3. Links to recipes are shown when available, if there's no link, we'll try to cite the book/magazine issue from where it came. If there's no recipe cited, it usually means we made it up... and if there's nothing at all, enjoy the pretty pictures. ;)
4. We don't like ersatz food (i.e. tofu molded into the shape of a turkey for Thanksgiving), but we're funny that way.
5. A brief personal history. We were vegetarian for 7 years, and have been vegan for the last 20 years.
If you have the time, check out the music page.
6. There is no Number 6
Andrea's Easy Vegan Cooking
Cake Maker To The Stars
Cocina Vegana @ Igualdad Animal
Dinner with Dilip
Don't Eat Off The Sidewalk
FatFree Vegan Kitchen
Happy Vegan Cooking
JL Goes Vegan
meshell in your city
Nom! Nom! Nom! Blog
Oh She Glows
Olives For Dinner
The Blooming Platter
The Maine Vegan
The Vegan Mouse
The Vegan Ronin
Vegan & Demanding
Vegan Feast Kitchen
Vegan Soul Power!
The Veracious Vegan
Your Vegan Mom
Raw Food Porn 2012
Raw Food Porn 2011
Raw Food Porn 2010
Raw Food Porn 2009
Raw Food Porn 2008
Raw Food Porn 2007
Raw Food Porn 2006
Raw Food Porn 2005